Thanks so much to The Monko for inviting us to guest post about our new project.
We - Kat from Creative Playhouse and Gina from Connecting Family and Seoul are offering a 30 day E-workshop on Connecting Family through Creative Play.
This workshop is designed to take simple, cherished moments of childhood and sprinkle them with a bit of creativity and ingenuity to help make play more meaningful and engaging for the entire family.
Connecting Family through Creative Play was born out of the everyday conversations of two stay-at-home Moms (with children under the age of 5) looking to find learning opportunities for their children, imaginative ways for them to explore art and media, novel ideas for play, ways to connect with them on a deeper level throughout the day, and the list goes on and on. This e-Workshop will be a way that we can continue that conversation with you.
It is aimed at parents and carers of children from 0 - 5 years old, but anyone is welcome to join if they feel it would be beneficial to them.
This is for you if you want to -
- make deeper connections with your children
- discover new creative ways to play
- You would love to find ways to get the whole family involved with play
- explore your family relationships and find creative ways to strengthen them
- create lasting family traditions centred around fun and togetherness
- deepen your understanding of the benefits of play and how it can help your children and yourself
- You would like to discover techniques that incorporate play into the current rhythm of your family.
- You are looking to find a balance between the everyday tasks that fill up your to-do list and connecting with your child in meaningful ways.
- You've ever felt frustrated by the the monotony that sometime creeps into your days.
Perhaps you, your children, or your family have been through some stressful times? Or faced problems with behaviour, finances, conflict or separation? You may have had personal issues that you feel have stopped you bonding or connecting with your children in the way you want? Perhaps you are a stay at home parent that is tired of the day in, day out and want to enrich your family's lives? Or maybe you just want to focus on and spend time playing creatively and connecting with your family.
A bit about us: Both Gina and I are passionate about hands on creative play and making mindful connections to our children, and we're really excited to bring this workshop to you.
Gina is a stay-at-home mom to Grady (2.5) and has recently moved back to her hometown in Pennsylvania. She started blogging in 2011 as a way to record her family's memories and share ways to foster connections through play and inspiration. She received her B.A. in Sociology and a M.Ed. in Elementary Education. Prior to becoming a SAHM, Gina taught 4th and 5th grade in the public school systems. To learn more about Gina, click here.
Kat is a work at home mum of 2, to Jake (3) and Poppy (1), and hails from the UK. She blogs creatively about her two passions, play and parenting, at Creative Playhouse and her collaborative blog, Mummyology. She received her B.A. in Performance Studies and earned an M.A. in the Arts. Her background includes early years education and special needs (with a focus in autism.) To learn more about Kat, click here.