Sunday, 6 November 2011

Jelly worms

(Goblin is 24 months)
The other day I got home to find these:
Hublet and Goblin had been making jelly worms. Thankfully Hublet had opted not to add cream - which apparently makes them opaque and therefore really realistic. I have to say the little ridges that the straws leave made them realistic enough for me. 

This is how he made them: 
They dissolved a packet of jelly mix in 100 ml of boiling water. Then they added some extra gelatin. This makes the jelly hold together better when it solidifies. 
 Then Hublet topped up the jelly mix to the normal level (as stated on the packet) with fizzy flavoured water - this makes the worms taste extra fruity and fizzy. 
Then they poured the mix into a pint mug and added 200 straws. 
They put the jelly mix in the fridge over night. The next day Hublet took the straws one at a time, gently twisted them out of the mug, really briefly dipped them in warm water to loosen the jelly inside the straw and squeezed them out. 
And voila a big bowl of worms. 
These would have been great for Halloween - maybe next year. They taste yummy. 

1 comment:

I have decided to turn off comments on the blog as I am being inundated with spam. I do this with sadness as I love genuine comments from readers. If you would like to leave a comment please email me at or visit the TamingtheGoblin FaceBook page (you can access it through the FB icon in the top right corner of the blog homepage).
Thank you for taking the time to read the blog.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...