This award was passed to me by Greening Sam and Avery one of the three fab blogs that host the outdoor play link up. I am so grateful to be included in Abbie's list of 15 blogs, and you should see the others I was grouped with (big smile of pride). Seriously though if you do want to see the other blogs check out the link http://greeningsamandavery.typepad.com/greening-sam-and-avery/2011/11/blogging-award.html
And the exciting bit is I now get to pass the award on to 15 blogs. The rules say they should be 'newly discovered' blogs but as I have only been blogging for 4 months nearly all the blogs are newly discovered in my world. I have tried to choose ones I frequent that are either relatively new or ones that give me so much inspiration I couldn't possibly leave them off the list - with quite a few of the blogs those two things overlap.
- Thank the person that nominated you with a link back to them.
- Tell everyone seven things about yourself.
- Pass this award on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know that they've received an award!
Seven things about me:
Oh dear, seven's quite a lot. Well here goes ....
1. I love to sleep. Hublet lets me lie in at the weekends because I am not a nice person when I am tired. But I need a ridiculous amount of nap time. mmmm sleeeeeeep.
2. I haven't drunk alcohol in three years - since I started trying to get pregnant with Goblin - but I still consider myself a heavy drinker. Weird huh!
3. I love TV. Before I started blogging I spent every non Goblin hour of the day that I wasn't sleeping or working watching TV. Mainly dramas like the fabulous West Wing - which Hublet and I are currently rewatching for the fifth time (all seven series) - but I do succumb to the occasional trash TV like The X Factor too.
4. I'm not a perfectionist at all. I like doing crafty things but only to a certain level. I'm not interested in learning complicated knitting because my three stitches get me as far as I need to go. I could never sell stuff on Etsy because I don't have the motivation to finish stuff to a professional standard.
5. I don't cook. I used to be able to cook really well. My dad is an amazing cook and I used to be quite good. I learnt to cook when I was vegetarian so most of my food consisted of Mediterranean veg in curries, casseroles etc. But Hublet has cooked every day for the last 6 years (because he doesn't like Mediterranean vegetables and thus anything I cook, plus he really likes cooking) so now I can't even steam veg without them going mushy and gross.
6. I really like my job. I work for the Department of Health and my job really feels like I am doing something that matters. Plus I work with some great people, and an added bonus is working three days a week gives me time to rest and recharge before diving back in to being a mummy.
7. My husband and son make me feel so content I really have no other ambitions in life.
My Fab Fifteen
Now to pass the award along! Please go and check these guys out if you haven't already
- My Buddies and I
- Artful Adventures
- And That's Family
- Beneath the Rowan Tree
- I Heart Crafty Things
- The Education of Ours
- Living Montessori Now
- Happy Whimsical Hearts
- Hands on as we grow
- Peaceful Parenting
- H is for Homeschooling
- Lessons Learnt Journal
- What did we do all day
- Pyjama School
Obviously most of the blogs I read are ones that have great activities for toddlers, as that's my main interest in life at the moment, so go and check out what they have to offer.
And don't forget to check out Greening Sam and Avery who gave me the award.
I am incredibly flattered to be on your list. I have tried to comment on your blog so many times using my web address but it won't let me! I will try using my email this time. Thanks again for all your comments, and for including me on your list! Suzanne from My Buddies and IReplyDelete
Thanks from me too - it's always nice to be appreciated!ReplyDelete
Thanks for the award! I appreciate it :)ReplyDelete
Lovely to read your list of 7. I have just completed this meme too, quite hard tagging 15, well done. I am the opposite to you and rarely manage more than 5 hours sleep!ReplyDelete
Thanks so much for the Versitle blogger award! It put a big smile on my face this morning, right when I needed it! I will have to go and do some choosing too=)ReplyDelete
Thank you so much! It's wonderful to be in the company of such great kids bloggers and able to swap ideas.ReplyDelete